a magical sea trip!
01631 730 000
from castles to cormorants,
lime kilns to lighthouses!
2018 tours starting soon!
About Appin Boat Tours
Appin Boat Tours (skipper, boat and equipment) are fully licenced to stringent Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) standards. We supply lifejackets which you'll need to wear at all times.
Our Skipper, Alistair - as well as being a fully qualified power boat skipper - is friendly, entertaining and knowledgeable and will bring Scottish history to life. He also holds a Disclosure Scotland certificate for working with groups of vulnerable adults and children. Special needs groups are welcome.
The boat, Patronus (from the Harry Potter stories meaning magical guardian) is an acclaimed RibEye S785 RIB (rigid inflatable boat). Patronus is designed with a variety of seating including a sofa style rear seat to allow visitors to relax and enjoy the scenery and wildlife. The open design gives you the best possible connection to this unique and magical environment.
What customers say
Here are a few kind words from some of the wonderful people we've met on our tours - it's a real pleasure to share this stunning scenery with you.
- 'I can't stop smiling, it was wonderful.' Mrs Totten
- 'I have been coming to this beautiful area for years but now I feel I have really experienced it.'
- 'He said there would be wildlife but we didn’t see any lions' Josh, aged four.
- 'This is the most beautiful place I have seen on our tour of Scotland' Mrs Richmond, Australia
- 'Fabulous trip and wonderful scenery' Mr Lyons
- 'We saw seals, an eagle and porpoise as well as excellent stories on the region. We loved it.' Mr Thomas
- 'A wonderful trip with very interesting commentary from Alistair'The Schofield Family
Appin Boat Tours is back - we'll be open again from Easter 2018. We look forward to seeing you soon! Alistair and Ailie